Explosion Proof Equipment for the intrinsically safe environment.
Minebea Intec IS-X Series Explosion Proof Scales
The Minbea Intec IS-X models are precision weighing platforms for weighing samples in hazardous areas/locations. The IS-X weighing platforms are ideal for use as inspection, measuring and test instruments in quality management systems. These units are often used in the mixing of gases and speed up both simple and complex routine procedures, saving time and making work much more efficient.
Minebea Intec IS-X weighing platforms meet the highest requirements placed on accuracy and reliability of weighing results through their rugged, durable weighing system. The weighing system will not be damaged if the maximum weighing capacity is occasionally exceeded. Efficient vibration filtering and approval for hazardous environments assure stable and reproducible results every time. Ultra fast response times increase work efficiency without sacrificing accuracy.
The IS-X offers direct connection to PC in a PLC or other control system for quickly capturing and organizing results. The weighing platform is also equipped with an RS-485 data interface which can be used to connect to a printer, PC, or universal remote switch through a Zener barrier.
For the highest precision in an explosion proof environment the IS explosion proof series is the ideal solution.Brochure
A&D EK Intrinsically Safe Balances
Available in various capacities, the EK Intrinsically safe line of balances from A&D is a great choice.
Versatile and Robust
Easy to Use
- Single (EW-i) and Tripe Weighing (EK-i) ranges make it a flexible workhorse
- Low profile rugged metal housing construction allows for reliable results every time
- Small footprint compact design is a space saver on any work bench or production environment
- Battery operation*1 (approx. 250 hours) for high portability, requiring no power supply from a safe area via a safety barrier (EP)
Rock Solid Performance
- Large LCD display (16mm height) with back light – Easy to read even at a wide viewing angle or dark environment
- Easy to clean chemical resistant stainless steal floors, pans (SUS304) and sealed key panel protection against dust and spills
- 5 Button navigation is simple to turn on, re-zero/tare, print, access weighing modes and enter sample counts
- Meet all your application demands with Comparator (HI,OK,LOW), Percent, Counting with ACAI
- Over protection will save you time and worry concerning overloads errors or operation damage
- Capture Balance ID with GLP printout
- Control zero, mode selections, and data output with standard RS-232C
Rice Lake DeckHand
The DeckHand™ portable scale is a mobile floor scale with indicator platform. Partnered with one of Rice Lake’s battery-operated indicators, such as the IQ plus® 390-DC or IQ plus® 590-DC, you have a clearly visible weight anywhere the scale is located. If product is loaded off-center, all four corners of the platform weigh perfectly, so weight is measured accurately from anywhere on the platform. Take this scale to any work area for immediate weights of large stationary items.
The DeckHand’s large rubber wheels simplify movement on uneven floors. The two wheels hover when stationary so the weighing platform remains stable despite variances in floor contour. Aluminum environmentally-sealed load cells help keep things lighter for easier mobility.Brochure
Rice Lake Rough Deck
The RoughDeck HP’s best-in-class features are enhanced to deliver more reliability and higher performance than ever before. Available in 1,000 to 10,000 pound capacities, the RoughDeck HP is the industry leader for precision weighing in Legal for Trade applications.
The RoughDeck HP’s NEMA Type 4X aluminum TuffSeal junction box is protected from forks and industrial abuse by a six-inch structural steel channel frame and diamond treadplate safety deck. The junction box is also mounted as a handy slide-out tray that eases setup and service access. Cables include sturdy cord grips or a quick disconnect for added convenience. In addition, all load cell cables are enclosed in conduit, alleviating danger of rough handling. All load cells are recessed within the channel for protection on all sides, while maintaining easy access for leveling.
All of our floor scales, unless specified otherwise, are built with lifting holes to assist our dealers during installation, or to later service the scales. The lifting holes are not the same size on all of our scales and in the PDF on the Resources tab, you will find a chart that lists the standard size and quantity of eyebolts needed for our scales.Brochure
Rice Lake BenchMark Mild Steel
BenchMark’s heavy-duty construction provides ultimate durability, sensitivity and long life for a variety of demanding weighing environments. Five standard platform sizes offer a wide variety of capacities:
- 12 x 12 inches
- 12 x 18 inches
- 18 x 18 inches
- 18 x 24 inches
- 24 x 24 inches
Rice Lake 882 IS
SAFE, ACCURATE WEIGHT READINGS IN HAZARDOUS LOCATIONS
The intrinsically safe, auto-ranging power supply enables wiring to a single AC conduit line and seal from the safe area. An FM approved, rechargeable battery is also available for isolated power or movable applications. The 882IS utilizes a backlit LCD display to maintain brilliant visibility for user-friendly operation, even in dimly lit areas. Its stainless steel enclosure provides superior protection from the elements.
Expand flexibility with an optional safe area I/O Module, featuring a serial port, Ethernet TCP/IP and optional analog output or fieldbus cards for communication with printers, computers and other peripherals. A duplex fiber-optic port allows for electrically-isolated communication with the I/O Module. To complete the IS entity approved system, Rice Lake offers FM/ATEX-approved load cells and junction boxes that interface with the 882IS indicator.
- 0.8in, seven-digit, seven-segment LCD display with white LED backlight
- Stainless steel IP66 enclosure
- T4 temperature rating
- Front panel digital calibration
- Automatic zero and span temperature compensation
- Excitation for four 350-ohm or eight 700-ohm load cells
- Gross/tare/net computation
- Tilt stand
- Numeric keypad (882IS Plus only)
- Duplex fiber optic interface
- Power ON/OFF; battery save mode
- I/O module option: one serial port, optional analog outputs, optional fieldbus cards
- Time & date (requires I/O module)
- FM Entity Approved for use in hazardous locations per Rice Lake Weighing Systems control drawing file number 180948
Integrated Scale Systems
20 Kulick Road
Fairfield, NJ 07004